Why Businesses Owners Should Embrace Facebook Live
Posted on 27th September 2021
Facebook Live is a Facebook feature that allows users to film and stream live video footage. If your company has a Facebook page, you can use Facebook Live to broadcast real-time video. As with all Facebook content, if you create a Facebook Live video, you can determine who within your audience and outside it can see it.
Research shows that 85% of people say they're more likely to watch a live broadcast on Facebook than on TV because of the opportunity to get involved and interact. Facebook also reports that comments on live videos increase ten-fold compared to standard video content.
Facebook Live can be a useful tool for businesses looking to better engage with their audience on the world's biggest social media platform with over 2 billion users. Real-time video can make your viewers feel like they’re getting an exclusive first look at your company’s everyday happenings. This way, Facebook Live can help create brand loyalty and customer relationships.
After finishing a live video, Facebook also gives you the option to save the video to your camera roll, meaning you've got it for playback and further marketing use later on.
Here are a few benefits for why you should start using Facebook Live for your business.
• A major benefit of Facebook Live is driving traffic to your business page. As live videos encourage engagement and allow for product promotions, users who liked your content are more likely to come back for more. As Facebook Live videos allow for unique content, real-time interactions, and constant updates, businesses can drive traffic back to their Facebook page or site.
• Facebook live streaming gives your business access to the world’s largest online audiences through a platform they already use every day.
• You can receive real-time comments and live reactions which can serve as an excellent marketing and communications tool for a brand's strategy.
• You can stay live for up to four hours at a time. It's an opportunity to humanise your brand and establish a higher engagement with your customers and social followers.
• Facebook live has built-in analytics, so you can track the performance of your video.
• Live streaming on Facebook is perfect if you’re looking for easy brand exposure as it’s completely free. To improve the quality, you can spend little money on lighting, a tripod, or a microphone and cable. Most users just use natural lighting and their mobile device to decrease the cost.
• Another benefit of Facebook Live is, you can live stream on private mode and watch the video back to make sure things are working well. Test the sound, image, resources, internet connection, and everything else.
• When compared to other platforms, Facebook is very simple to use. Since you probably already use Facebook, know the user interface, and are familiar with your business or personal pages, going live will be easy.
Since Facebook Live is free and easy to use, any company can get involved. However, it’s critical to ensure your video strategy is in place before, during and after the broadcast. Here are a few Facebook Live tips to follow:
• Ensure that your broadcast is as clear, high resolution and stable as possible. If you are shooting on a mobile phone, make sure you only go live when you have a strong connection and in a quiet place, also ensure you use a tripod or steadicam for a more stable stream.
• Prioritise content that creates conversations and meaningful interactions between real people. Videos that inspire friend-to-friend or person-to-person interactions tend to get more distribution. Actively responding and moderating comments during your live broadcast can play an important role when developing conversations and interactions.
Some techniques to drive healthy engagement include; saying hello to users by name and reply to their comments. When possible, bring audience questions or comments into the live stream by answering the questions.
• Be creative and try different types of broadcasts such as; Q&A sessions, news sharing, sneak peek of a new product launch and behind-the-scenes at a live event.
• Tell people ahead of time when you're going to broadcast to build anticipation. If you are using streaming software or an encoder to go live, you should consider scheduling your broadcast.
• Go live for longer periods of time to reach more people.
Now you know a lot more about Facebook live, the benefit it can have on your business and how essential it is for increasing company visibility and engaging consumers. It’s time to get started with Facebook Live Video to provide your followers with something they’ll want to engage with and still have fun while doing it.
Need further advice?
Get in touch to discuss your specific requirements and see how we can help you grow your social media presence
Or join our online Facebook for Business Course by clicking here
Share this post: